Jerry W. Allender
Jerry W. Allender is a partner with the law firm of Allender & Allender where he practices in the area of Elder Law. Jerry, a former judge, is committed to providing sound legal advice and counseling in the areas of probate administration, estate planning, real estate transactions, Medicaid planning, nursing home planning and guardianships.
Jerry graduated from the University of Evansville (Indiana) with a major in Accounting and received his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida. He has practiced in Brevard County since 1968 and is admitted to the Bar in Florida, Indiana and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
He is a member of:
- The Indiana Bar
- The Florida Bar and the Brevard County Bar Association
- The Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida and Indiana Bar Associations
Jerry is dedicated to providing his time and wisdom to a wide range of legal and community groups in the Brevard County area.
He serves on the Board of Directors of:
- Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Inc., a Florida corporation
- the National Attorneys’ Title Assurance Fund, Inc., an Indiana corporation
- Circles of Care, Inc.
- Brevard Civilian Military Community Relations
- Community Foundation, Inc.
- Hospice of St. Francis
- Jess Parrish Medical Foundation, Inc.
Jerry is also General Council for the Jess Parrish Medical Foundation, Inc. in Titusville.
Steven C. “Steve” Allender
Steven C. “Steve” Allender, a Florida native, is a partner with the law firm of Allender & Allender, where he focuses on the many practice areas associated with elder law.
Specifically, Steve is committed to providing knowledgeable and sound legal advice and counseling in probate administration, estate planning, Medicaid/Nursing home planning, guardianships and real estate transactions.
Steve, a graduate of Stetson University and DePaul University College of Law, is admitted to practice law in the state of Florida and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. Prior to joining Allender & Allender, Steve practiced in the areas of construction and commercial litigation and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas D. Sawaya at Florida’s Fifth District Court of Appeal.
He is a member of:
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- The Florida Bar
- The Real Property, Probate and Trusts Section of the Florida Bar
- Brevard County Bar Association
Like his father, Steve is dedicated to serving and giving back to the community.
He currently serves on the Board of Directors of:
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida, Brevard County Branch
- Board of Directors of Brevard County Legal Aid
- Aging Matters in Brevard
- Heaster Family Foundation
In 2013, Steve was also honored with the LEAD Brevard 4 under 40 award.